- A ball in hand is worth two in baulk.
- Spare the chalk and spoil the shot.
- There’s many a slip ‘twixt the ball and the tip.
- Reckless pots make rueful scores.
- Practice makes professionals.
- Chalk in time saves miscues.
- A fool may get position but it requires a wise man to
- The fanciest strokes make not the finest game.
- Position is better than points.
- The prudent man looketh well to his tip.
- Position is the principal thing; therefore get position;
and with all thy getting get the score up.
- You cannot put new balls into old pocketswhile the
patent “Rapide” pockets may be fitted to any table for
22s. 6d. L.K.
- It is estimated that the number of houses in Edinburgh
in which a billiard table has been installed, is four hundred
at the very least.